Friday, October 14, 2005

Top Five Reasons You Don't Have Testers

Software Testing & Quality is overlooked and it's quite common to see buggy software in the market. Some of the projects ship software without even having dedicated testers & in some other projects due to budget constraints there are less resources.

I was browsing through Joel on Software site and come across this Joel on Software - Top Five (Wrong) Reasons You Don't Have Testers: article.

As per Joel Perspective the reasons are
  1. Bugs come from lazy programmers.
  2. My software is on the web. I can fix bugs in a second.
  3. My customers will test the software for me.
  4. Anybody qualified to be a good tester doesn't want to work as a tester.
  5. I can't afford testers!

Won't they look similar in our context

No comments: